Healthy Choc Sundai Swirl
VIDEO LINK - CLICK HERE Summer is on arrival and who doesn't love a classic chocolate Sundai to cool ya down ! To save you from the terrible nasties that come along with the real deal, I thought id give you my very own nutritious yet delicious version.
Some heath benefits of this recipe..
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron known to man, at a whopping 7.3mg per 100g.
- Raspberries are an anti inflammatory
- Chia seeds contain more Omega-3s than salmon, gram for gram!
- Dark Chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants
YOU WILL NEED:
For the Sundai..
- 2 large FROZEN ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup to a cup of non-dairy milk
- Tbs of cacao/coco powder
- Pinch of vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
For the filling..
- My Raspberry chia jam (RECIPE HERE: ***)
- Optional: 30g of 80-90% dark chocolate or 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
Break and place frozen bananas into a high speed blender along with your vanilla, cacao powder, cinnamon and non diary milk. Add the non diary milk in slowly- less is more as we want it to be as thick as possible…like ice cream! It may take a few times of turning machine off, shoving everything towards the blade and pulsing again, in order to get the perfect consistency. (This process all depends on your blender)
Once combined and desired ice cream texture is met, layer your sundai! I do it in a jar and place 1 tbs of jam, 2 tbs of “ice-cream” and a sprinkle of dark choc. I do this in till jar is full to the top!