Peanut Butter Choc Bites
VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZmaujGwnU&feature=youtu.be
So many of you have been begging for both chocolate and peanut butter recipes.. so I combined the both!!
I use to be obsessed with Reese’s peanut butter cups when I was little so I thought I would take that flavour and make it my own.
These can be made in big batches or small (like shown here). If you are making these for a crowd I would say double the ingredients as these only serves about 5-8.
Some health benefits of this recipe are:
- Peanuts compose sufficient levels of monounsaturated fatty acids, especially oleic acid.
- Peanuts are abundant in the vitamins and minerals! Some examples are vitamin B6 and E. minerals like magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, copper and selenium are also present.
- Coconut is full of diverse health benefits from protecting against heart diseases to preventing tooth decay!
- Dark Chocolate can Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure
NUT ALLERGIES!: Use tahini instead of peanut butter and add more rice malt syrup to that step.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tbs of rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs of cacao
- 1 tbs of soften coconut oil
FOR PEANUT LAYER
- 300g of canned chickpeas (if you prefer fresh go for it, just make sure you precook them!)
- 2 1/2 tbs of all natural peanut butter
- 3 tbs of rice malt syrup (more or less to personal taste)
FOR CHOC LAYER
- 50g of 90% dark chocolate
- Optional: rice malt syrup (if you prefer it sweet, not bitter)
- Small handful of crushed nuts
In a food processor add your coconut, cacao, rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Pulse in till sticky mixture is formed.
Press down into baking tin and freeze for 30 minutes.
Back in the food processor add your drained and washed chickpeas. Pulse in till smooth.
Now add in your peanut butter and rice malt syrup. Pulse for a minute.
Taste test and add more/less rice malt syrup and/or peanut butter. Once your happy with it spread on top of the base layer that has been chilling and freeze for an hour.
You can do this step on the stove or in the microwave. Up to you on how much time you have!
Melt chocolate and rice malt syrup (if using it) together well. Simply pour on top of slice and leave to set for another 10 minutes.
Cut it up into bite sized pieces and enjoy!