Healthy Caramel ‘Nice’-cream
Bananas and dates are honestly some of my favourite foods! They are 100% natures candy. I don't think I am the only one obsessed with bananas, did you know they are among the most popular fruits on earth! No only are they full of flavour they also have many health benefits to them as well. They are are rich in fibre, antioxidants and several nutrients such as vitamins b6 and c, magnesium and most my favourite potassium. Potassium is great as it is a mineral and electrolyte that plays a significant role in metabolism, water, and chemical balance in the body! And yes when people say bananas make you happy they are not lying, It is serotonin that is responsible for making people feel happier. Serotonin, also known as the “happy hormone”, promotes a more positive and happy mood. Eating bananas will lead to increased levels of serotonin, which ultimately may make you feel more upbeat and happy. Now don't even get me started on dates. I have such a sweet tooth therefore dates just get me going! Yes they may taste like google caramel but they sure have a lot more health benifits.. Dates are a good source of various vitamins, minerals, sugar and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are found in dates.
For the ‘nice- cream‘ YOU WILL NEED:
- Three FROZEN and RIPE bananas
- 1/3 Cup of pitted soaked dates (If you don’t have time to soak just pour boil water over them and leave for 2 minutes) OR 4 Majool dates.
serving size roughly 4 people.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (high speed blender should also work) and pulse a few times in till thick mixture is formed.
- Pour mixture into any sized tin and leave in freezer for at least 2/3 hours.
- Take out and scoop it up.
I have created two icing options for you guys. One is soft and thick and the other hard (kind of like "ice magic") .
For soft thick icing…
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 3 tbs of rice malt
- 1 tbs of cacao
Place all ingredients into a bowl, combine and pour on top.
For the hard shell icing…
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs of cacao
- three tbs of rice malt syrup
Place all ingredients into a bowl, combined and pour on top. It should start to harden on the cold ‘nice- cream’ creating a shell which once broken has a nice crunch throughout.