Battered sweet potato no fry, fries!
This is a fun, tasty and easy snack with a heap of benefits. Sweet potato contains vitamins and minerals that produces collagen which helps maintain youthful skin, and is essential to helping cope with stress. They also contain iron, support a healthy immune system and although naturally sweet-tasting, their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, helping to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy, without the blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue and weight gain.
Avocados are incredibly nutritious as well, they contain more potassium than bananas and are loaded with heart-healthy Monounsaturated fatty acids. Avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium, and are low in saturated fat as well as having a heap of fibre in them! Fibre is indigestible plant matter that can contribute to weight loss, reduce blood sugar spikes and is strongly linked to a lower risk of many diseases.
Sweet potato contains vitamins and minerals that produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity, and is essential to helping us cope with stress
YOU WILL NEED: For the fries..
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of olive/coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 tbs of grounded garlic
- 1 tbs of paprika
- Pinch of pink salt
- Set oven to 220 degrees celcius
- Wash, peel and chop sweet potato into chip-like shape
- Mix the almond meal, garlic powder, paprika and salt together
- Pour your olive/coconut oil into a bowl and your almond meal onto a plate.
- Dip each chip into oil then roll into flour and place onto baking tray
- Bake for 40 minutes (check every 10, some ovens are different).
- When the chips are brown and well cooked pop them out of the oven and leave to cool.
- While you are waiting, make your guacamole..
YOU WILL NEED: For the guacamole
- 1 large ripe avocado
- lemon juice (how much is up to personal preference)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of chilli
- Mash avocado in a bowl using a folk
- Add your lemon juice, salt and chilli then mash again.
- Taste as you go, once you like it your ready to go!