HAIR. GAP. FASH

MY HAIR.

I always get questioned about my hair. Yes the curls are mine. Funny story – I hated them for so long! Would do anything to cover up my short frizz ball of a do. For many years, believe it or not, I wore extensions and straightened my hair every day! If I didn’t have time to straighten it I would put it in the tightest bun so no one could see the curls! How crazy was that?  Now my hair is something that I identify with – I am an individual, an individual with naturally curly hair. I have learnt to love it and now would honestly consider it one thing I would never change about myself. But to answer all your questions, no I do not style it, nor curl it or product it.. I was just born with it (maybe its Maybelline).

hair-gap-fash-3
It was cool to have white straight teeth with long straight blonde hair. Now when I see someone being different I think it's the coolest thing ever!

MY GAP.

Yes, ‘bunny rabbit Kath’ has one of these. Similar to the hair story, my gap was something I grew up hating with a passion! Begging my mum to let me get rid of it. 16 year old Kath even took it upon herself to go to the dentist just to find out how much it would cost to eliminate! Of course I had to postpone the procedure due to insufficient funds. It wasn’t really until I met Yas and the free radical crew that I truly became comfortable with it. They all seemed to love it so much and in time I learnt to love it too. Like my curls it is something that makes me.. me! Throughout my high school years I tried so hard to be basic and not stand out in a way that would flip the system. It was cool to have white straight teeth with long straight blonde hair. Now when I see someone being different I think its the coolest thing ever! So yes, my gap is here and it’s staying. Funny how the things we grow up disliking about ourselves are actually the things that make us all individuals.

3 things I can do with my gap:

1. stick a ruler between it (math room past-time)
  2. make music with a butter knife
  3. squirt water at people
gap-full-kath

FASHION.

Many people ask me where I get my style from, which I personally find such a strange question as I have never been one to think in depth about what I wear. Me and my younger sister Emily have always been interested in quirky items. Markets and op shopping has always been my go to. This is because I get excited about new things but unfortunately my budget does not allow that kind of obsession, so second-hand clothes are my go-to and something I think I will always love! It allows you to get really creative in a world where no two things are the same.

My style definitely changes over time. Not only because of, of course, the weather, but also depending on what is going on in my life (I know, sounds strange). Sometimes I will be more corporate looking with my blacks, whites, coats and boots. But other times I’m all about those colour and bold statement pieces. I would say my current style is real tomboy looking. Lots of band shirts, caps and sneakers!

testesttest

Photos by Marcus Solomon

June 8, 2016
Yas & Kath
Yasmin is my best friend, manger, full time counsellor and annoying adopted sister. We...
September 1, 2016
WICKED
I sat down to answer some questions and ended up dancing to my favourite...

Comments

• Annie McGlone

You’re a natural beauty, I aspire to embrace my insecurities as you have. 💗

September 20, 2016
  • Annie McGlone

You’re a natural beauty. I aspire to embrace my insecurities as you have. 🌬

September 20, 2016
  • indi

xx i love this website

September 20, 2016
  • Holly Ryan

This blog is absolutely amazing !!! Such interesting reads and stunning photo’s , keep it up ! <3 x

September 20, 2016
  • Kirra-lee Smith

Sup Kath!
    Cute blog! Overtime i’ve had you on instagram for a while, watching you grow (kind of creepy to say) i love how weird you are and how you embrace that, I honestly think you express your personality in your style and i don’t honestly know how you do that because if i was to even try i’ll look like a complete dick. I think it’s kind of cool the fact you were born in little bogan country town Grafton. Likewise. Apart from the fact i took that part of me to the sunny coast. Anyways! Keep being you. You’re cool bitch and i really appreciate you.

You inspire so many younger girls for the right reasons and these days that’s kind of hard. Even me and i’m bloody 20.. (Loser right…) Joking i’m fab.

September 21, 2016
  • Samson

Ha! This is actually really fun to read!

September 21, 2016
  • Hayls

So refreshing to read such a lovely, natural & raw blog, thank you for sharing x

September 21, 2016
  • Ada

Hey, I also have gap between my front teeth and maybe not curly but wavy hair and I wanted to change it so much just like you. It is nice to see someone so different from others and so similar to me. Thanks!😊

September 21, 2016
  • Sarah Hanna

I LOVE your image and what you stand for! It’s such a rarety to come across an individual who truly embraces their uniqueness (especially in a way that compliments their style so well).

September 21, 2016
  • Lara Berry

you are so awesome, you inspired me to not care about what people think of me, and as a result i cut off my hair (into a bob). keep being you! x

September 24, 2016
  • Coco

love your fash!

September 26, 2016
  • Mille

I myself have a gap, and was never fully comfortable with it but over time I’ve started to love it and everything else that is unique about me. You and the free radical crew really inspired me to start doing what I wanted and not caring what anyone else thought and I have honestly never felt better!

October 3, 2016
  • amelia

What makeup and face products do you use? you have the clearest skin! loving the website x

October 4, 2016
  • Skyy

Hey Kath! Great content so far can’t wait for more 🙂 just wondering where u got ur shirt in the call me Kath vid? Fash is on point x

October 5, 2016
  • jemima

heyy kath! I love how I found this website, every category is so inspiring and fun to read, I also LOVE your fashion! odd question but , I don’t live in AUS.. but I was wondering if you know any online shops that sell clothing like yours?? there are know shops where I live that sell op shop funky clothing like yours )): SOrry if that sounds creepy! if you know any websites please list them below! Thanks so much – Jemima :)) <3

October 24, 2016